When ‘Thanksgiving’ and lot of other festivals are around the corner, it’s always puzzling to find out the delicacies which are healthy, tasty and worth appreciating the looks. If you are looking for a simple and less time-consuming dish then Gluten Free and Dairy Free Cornbread can be a nice tempting idea to gain applauds from kids as well as adults. Serving this dish with a bowl of hot chilli will further add perfection to it. Any gluten free bread can be used (you can use your own home-made bread too but it is best avoided if you are not an expert) along with cornbread stuffing as it gives a nice crumb to hold together perfectly. If you love to make it little moist, full of nice scent and shiny in texture then use a little bit of coconut oil. Using honey instead of sugar and topping it with maple syrup will even make it better.
- 1 cup Almond milk or any other non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup Yellow cornmeal (medium grind)
- ¾ cup Corn flour
- ¼ cup Rice flour (sweetly flavoured)
- 1 tablespoon Organic sugar or honey or as per taste
- ½ teaspoon White table salt
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Edible coconut oil (you can use a mix of coconut oil and any other vegetable refined oil as well)
- First of all, preheat the micro oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a small bowl and mix together milk, eggs or curd and oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cornmeal, sugar or honey, corn flour, sweet rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- Now, mix the ingredients of both the bowls (dry and wet ingredients) and stir well without leaving any lumps.
- Take a thoroughly greased pan (suitable for cooking in the oven) and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Your gluten free dairy free cornbread is ready to serve. It looks nice, smells nice and is so tempting. Top of it, no one can tell you what exactly is missing from it.